Support Services / Fiscal Director – Mankato, MN
Applications will only be accepted for currently open positions.
Minnesota Valley Action Council has an opening for
Support Services Director – Mankato
The Support Services Director is responsible for the effective and efficient leadership of the Support Services Department, including:
- Administer and interpret government and fund accounting policies and procedures to accurately reflect the financial management of MVAC
- Develop strategies to control financial operations and comply government policy and reporting regulations.
- Advise and train Program Directors and the Executive Director on accounting matters, interpretation and use of financial reports, and the preparation and completion of program and agency budgets.
- Monitor and establish internal controls to assure proper compliance with accounting principles.
- Complete yearly IRS and state reporting.
- Ensure compliance with OMB regulations, GAAP (Generally Accepting Accounting Principles), Organizational Standards, and policies in financial control as it relates to fiduciary agent to other organizations.
- Supervise Support Services department staff, including accounting, and clerical departments.
- Oversee Department’s financial and work plans and evaluate effectiveness on an ongoing basis.
- Oversee and supervise special MVAC initiatives, including Wheel Get There, Thrift Stores and VITA Tax Clinics.
BS/BA degree in accounting required and 5 years’ experience preferred. Preferred experience and knowledge of fund accounting. At least 2 years supervisory experience. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality. Team oriented with ability to work productively with people. Demonstrate high ethical standards and attention to detail. The position requires excellent organization skills.
Salary DOQ. Health insurance is offered, and benefits include paid holidays and vacation.
Apply online at www.mnvac.org & provide resume by 03/31/2023, or to:
MVAC HR, 706 N. Victory Dr., Mankato, MN. MVAC is an EEO/AA Employer.
Deadline for Applications:
Open until filled
Please submit a letter of interest or resume, plus application using one of the options below:
Click on the online job application button at the top of the page to apply online.
Or to mail in your completed forms send to the address below:
Minnesota Valley Action Council
706 North Victory Drive, Mankato, MN 56001
Printable application – Click on the pdf below (Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
Application For Employment MNVAC
Please note – MVAC requires separate applications materials for each position for which you wish to be considered.
MVAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
For more information contact
Minnesota Valley Action Council
1-800-767-7139 (toll free)
706 North Victory Drive
Mankato, MN 56001
Benefits and Insurance
MVAC offers a comprehensive benefit package, including:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Pre-tax medical spending and dependent care accounts
- Vacation, Personal Leave and Holidays
- Optional supplemental insurance
**Coverage may vary dependent on full time vs. part-time employment. Contact HR for details.