Whole Family Approach
What is whole family and why is MVAC moving to a whole family approach?
Whole family work comes with many layers. Its not just a shift in how we function together as an agency, but also how we work with the families we serve, and how we work with our community partners.
Whole Family’s Vision is to……….
- Remove barriers for clients and staff
- Break down silos between programs within our agency
- Each client is a MVAC client and staff across programs work as a team to integrate services
- One MVAC Client/One Application/One Assessment/One Set of Goals for One Agency
- Incorporate coaching- staff determine when a family is needing case managing or coaching by meeting the family where they are at when they enter the MVAC door. The goal of whole family is to coach our families to economic and social mobility*
- Use data to drive decision making with service delivery system of programs
*Social mobility is the movement of individuals, families, households, or other categories of people within or between social strata in a society. It is a change in social status relative to one’s current social location within a given society.
*Economic mobility is the ability of an individual, family or some other group to improve their economic status—usually measured in income. Economic mobility may be considered a type of social mobility, which is often measured in change in income.