Young Adult Services
Young adults ages 16-24 who:
|College scholarship opportunities||Assistance getting enrolled in/completing an educational goal|
|Career path planning||Referrals to other area services for individual and their family|
|Paid work experience/Internship to learn skills needed to succeed in the current job market||Connections to apprenticeships|
|Possible funding for transportation, educational, or employment needs||What are you waiting for? Apply today|
“Get Started” Program (Virtual Course)
Earn up to $200 for the completion of the 4-week course
Learn: Basic Budgeting ~ Communication ~ Health and Wellness ~ Community Engagement
- Who: This program will be offered to Youth and Young Adults between the ages of 14-24 in the South Central Service Area that meet certain qualifications (i.e. income eligible, person of color, disability).
- What: Get Started is an interactive training course that will be provided virtually – focusing on preparing participants to become more Work Ready.
- When: Classes will be 4 weeks long and will be offered monthly. Students are asked to commit 5 hours per week throughout the duration of the course.
- Where: Classes will be held 100% online. Anyone who resides in our 9 County Region will be able to participate from the comforts of their own living room. Students will be able to go at their own pace – allowing for ultimate flexibility
- Why: Get Started is the foundation of a person’s intent to become successful when it comes to working. This class will breakdown the fundamentals of what makes someone successful in their job.
Get the application here