Minnesota Valley Action Council Tax Clinic Is Looking For Volunteers
Minnesota Valley Action Council (MVAC) an IRS VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) site partner, is looking for volunteers to work on Thursday evenings during tax season to help prepare tax returns. Volunteers will get a complete IRS tax training and must successfully complete the IRS Certification test. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
To learn more on why you should volunteer click here
FREE TAX PREPARATION & E-FILE SERVICES
$36,000 or less for singles, $56,000 or less for families
Due to COVID there will be NO in person appointments. Please call the Mankato office to have a tax packet mailed to you. 507-345-6822
Use direct deposit for your tax refund.
With direct deposit you may get your refund in
8 to 15 business days with no fees, interest or hassle!
Information and Forms Needed
- Valid Picture D.
- Social Security Number cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) cards/letters for all persons listed on the tax
- Birth dates for all persons listed on the tax
- Prior year tax return
- Direct Deposit information showing account and routing numbers
- Income Forms:
- Wages from each job (Form W-2)
- Interest (Form 1099-INT)
- Dividends (Form 1099-DIV)
- Retirement Plans (Form 1099-R)
- Gambling Winnings (Form W2-G)
- Unemployment (Form 1099-G)
- Social Security Benefits (Form SSA)
- Yearend Statements:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- MN Family Investment Program (MFIP)
- MN Supplemental Aid (MSA)
- General Assistance (GA)
- Veterans’ Benefits
- Worker’s Compensation
- Health Insurance Forms (1095)
Homeowners: bring your Statement of Property Tax Payable in 2021.
Renters: bring your 2020 Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) provided by your landlord.