Young Adult Services
Young adults ages 16-24 who:
- Want to work towards GED, certification (such as CNA) or 2-year degree
- Someone who has been or are in out-of-home placement
- Foster care, group home, treatment center, incarcerated
- Person of color
- Diagnosed & documented disability
- Receives public assistance
- Pregnant or Parenting
- Struggle with math or reading
- Meets income guidelines
- Live in Blue Earth, Brown, Faribault, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Sibley, Waseca, or Watonwan county
College scholarship opportunities
Assistance getting enrolled in/completing an educational goal
Career path planning
Referrals to other area services for individual and their family
Paid work experience/Internship to learn skills needed to succeed in the current job market
Connections to apprenticeships
Possible funding for transportation, educational, or employment needs
MVAC/Martin County Internship Program
- Young adults ages 18-24.
- Be a resident of Martin County.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be in good academic standing at your chosen college.
- Can be enrolled in a community college or 4 year college.
- Purpose: Paid internship program to develop skills and learn about career opportunities in Martin County.
- Process: Student will complete a short term paid work experience/internship in a Martin County business.
Once you are selected for the Martin County Internship Program
- Your career interests will be matched with that of a Martin County business.
- You will interview at a business for acceptance into the work experience/internship.
- If accepted, an orientation will be completed and you will work with the new employer to develop the job duties and performance standards.
- Participants will gain valuable experience at a Martin County business.
- Participants will gain insight into the leadership and career possibilities in Martin County.
- Successful completion of internship will result in legitimate work experience for your resume.
- Earn possible college credits for the experience gained during your internship, with approval of your college and/or advisor.
Minnesota Valley Action Council
400 S. State St. Suite 180
Fairmont, MN 56031