Energy Assistance (EAP)
The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) is a heating based program that can help low income households with a portion of their energy bills.
The Program Year starts October 1st, 2019 and ends September 30th, 2020. Funds are available!
You can apply for EAP by printing an application on this webpage, or by calling MVAC to request an application. Mail your completed application and supporting documents to 706 N Victory Dr., Mankato MN 56001 or call for drop off instructions at your local MVAC office.
For general questions please call us at 1-800-767-7139 or 507-345-6822, you can also reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
During this time we encourage you to contact your energy provider to schedule a reasonable payment plan. However, if you are facing disconnection or already disconnected please speak with one of our staff members by phone or in our office.
MVAC provides Energy Assistance in the following counties: Blue Earth, Brown, Faribault, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Sibley, Waseca and Watonwan
Energy Assistance Program (EAP) facts
- Renters and homeowners are eligible.
- Assets such as the home are not considered in determining eligibility.
- Grants range from $200 to $1,400, based on household size, income, & fuel cost.
- The average grant is about $500.
- In addition to the initial grant, additional Crisis funds are available to:
- Help pay a past due bill or get an emergency fuel delivery.
- Help homeowners get their broken furnace repaired or replaced.
EAP changes made to help during COVID-19
- The application deadline is extended to July 1.
- The annual Crisis maximum is increased to $1,200 (up from $600).
- EAP can help households pay a past due bill, even without a shut-off notice.
- Income eligibility is based on past one month
- EAP still has enough money including more money from the CARES Act.
What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
You must be income eligible (guidelines below)
|# in Household||Gross 1 Month Income|
Click on a PDF below to download an application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS JULY 1, 2020