Energy Assistance (EAP)

Home / Programs / Energy / Energy Assistance (EAP)

EAP Updates

Applications for program year 2017 are now available by download (see links below) or for pickup at one of our 9 county offices or by mail. Please call us at 1-800-767-7139 or 507-345-6822 to request an application or for general questions or if you are facing a no-heat emergency. We are processing applications received this week.

MVAC provides Energy Assistance in the following counties: Blue Earth, Brown, Faribault, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Sibley, Waseca and Watonwan

What Is Energy Assistance?

Funds to help pay heating / energy bills.

Who Is Energy Assistance For?

  • Wage earners
  • Self-employed people
  • Seniors
  • Other low income households


Who Can Apply For Energy Assistance?

  • Home owners
  • Renters who pay heating costs
  • Renters with heat included in rent, but pay electricity

What Are The Eligibility Requirements?

You must be income eligible (guidelines below)

# in Household Gross 3 Month Income
1 $6135
2 $8023
3 $9910
4 $11798
5 $13686
6 $15574
7 $15928
8 $16282
9 $16636


Click on a PDF below to download an application.

2016-2017 Minnesota Energy Programs Application

2016-2017 Solicitud Para Los Programas De Energía De Minnesota


Energy Assistance Verification Forms

Click below to take the Energy Assistance Customer Satisfaction Survey