Energy Assistance (EAP)
The deadline to apply for program year 2017 has expired as of May 31, 2017. If you received help this year you will automatically receive an application for program year 2018 which starts October 1, 2017. If you are new to the program to request an application or for general questions please call us at 1-800-767-7139 or 507-345-6822.
MVAC provides Energy Assistance in the following counties: Blue Earth, Brown, Faribault, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Sibley, Waseca and Watonwan
What Is Energy Assistance?
Funds to help pay heating / energy bills.
Who Is Energy Assistance For?
- Wage earners
- Self-employed people
- Other low income households
Who Can Apply For Energy Assistance?
- Home owners
- Renters who pay heating costs
- Renters with heat included in rent, but pay electricity
What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
You must be income eligible (guidelines below)
|# in Household||Gross 3 Month Income|
Click on a PDF below to download an application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE WAS MAY 31, 2017
Energy Assistance Verification Forms
- EAP County Assistance Verification Form (Uploaded: 2015-09-14)
- EAP Employment Verification Form (Uploaded: 2015-09-14)
- Formulario de Ingresos y Gastos (Uploaded: 2015-09-10)
- Self-employment Cash Accounting Worksheet (Uploaded: 2015-09-14)
- Self-employment Farm Only Cash Accounting Worksheet (Uploaded: 2015-09-14)
- Verification of Income and Expenses Form (Uploaded: 2016-08-25)