Energy Assistance (EAP)
Applications for program year 2017 are currently being mailed to all EAP 2016 approved households. If you are new to the program please call us at 1-800-767-7139 or 507-345-6822 and leave your name, address and phone number and we will add you to our mailing list. Applications for new households will be mailed by the State of Minnesota around October 1st.
MVAC provides energy assistance in the following counties: Blue Earth, Brown, Faribault, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Sibley, Waseca and Watonwan.
What Is Energy Assistance?
Funds to help pay heating / energy bills.
Who Is Energy Assistance For?
- Wage earners
- Self-employed people
- Other low income households
Who Can Apply For Energy Assistance?
- Home owners
- Renters who pay heating costs
- Renters with heat included in rent, but pay electricity
What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
You must be income eligible (guidelines below)
|# in Household||Gross 3 Month Income|
Click on a PDF below to download an application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MAY 31, 2017
Energy Assistance Verification Forms
- EAP County Assistance Verification Form (Uploaded: 2015-09-14)
- EAP Employment Verification Form (Uploaded: 2015-09-14)
- Formulario de Ingresos y Gastos (Uploaded: 2015-09-10)
- Self-employment Cash Accounting Worksheet (Uploaded: 2015-09-14)
- Self-employment Farm Only Cash Accounting Worksheet (Uploaded: 2015-09-14)
- Verification of Income and Expenses Form (Uploaded: 2016-08-25)