Energy Assistance (EAP)
Applications for program year 2017 are now available by download (see links below), for pickup at one of our 9 county offices or by mail. Please call us at 1-800-767-7139 or 507-345-6822 to request an application or for general questions. We are waiting for Federal funds to be awarded to MVAC. In the meantime, we encourage participants to make payment arrangements with their energy vendors and consider signing up for Cold Weather Rule protection. Please refer to the Public Utilities Commission link below for more information.
MVAC provides energy assistance in the following counties: Blue Earth, Brown, Faribault, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Sibley, Waseca and Watonwan
What Is Energy Assistance?
Funds to help pay heating / energy bills.
Who Is Energy Assistance For?
- Wage earners
- Self-employed people
- Other low income households
Who Can Apply For Energy Assistance?
- Home owners
- Renters who pay heating costs
- Renters with heat included in rent, but pay electricity
What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
You must be income eligible (guidelines below)
|# in Household||Gross 3 Month Income|
Click on a PDF below to download an application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MAY 31, 2017
Energy Assistance Verification Forms
- EAP County Assistance Verification Form (Uploaded: 2015-09-14)
- EAP Employment Verification Form (Uploaded: 2015-09-14)
- Formulario de Ingresos y Gastos (Uploaded: 2015-09-10)
- Self-employment Cash Accounting Worksheet (Uploaded: 2015-09-14)
- Self-employment Farm Only Cash Accounting Worksheet (Uploaded: 2015-09-14)
- Verification of Income and Expenses Form (Uploaded: 2016-08-25)