Energy Assistance (EAP)
Applications for program year 2017 are now available by download (see links below), for pickup at one of our 9 county offices or by mail. Please call us at 1-800-767-7139 or 507-345-6822 to request an application or for general questions. At this time we do not have funds to assist with utility bills or no-heat emergencies. If you are facing a pending service disconnection, we encourage you to make arrangements with your energy vendors or call us for a list of other community resources.
MVAC provides energy assistance in the following counties: Blue Earth, Brown, Faribault, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Sibley, Waseca and Watonwan.
What Is Energy Assistance?
Funds to help pay heating / energy bills.
Who Is Energy Assistance For?
- Wage earners
- Self-employed people
- Other low income households
Who Can Apply For Energy Assistance?
- Home owners
- Renters who pay heating costs
- Renters with heat included in rent, but pay electricity
What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
You must be income eligible (guidelines below)
|# in Household||Gross 3 Month Income|
Click on a PDF below to download an application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MAY 31, 2017
Energy Assistance Verification Forms
- EAP County Assistance Verification Form (Uploaded: 2015-09-14)
- EAP Employment Verification Form (Uploaded: 2015-09-14)
- Formulario de Ingresos y Gastos (Uploaded: 2015-09-10)
- Self-employment Cash Accounting Worksheet (Uploaded: 2015-09-14)
- Self-employment Farm Only Cash Accounting Worksheet (Uploaded: 2015-09-14)
- Verification of Income and Expenses Form (Uploaded: 2016-08-25)