Minnesota Valley Action Council COVID-19 Update for Tax Clinic
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: All Tax Clinics are postponed!
We are not able to take on any new returns at this time. If you would like to file you own taxes please go to https://www.revenue.state.mn.us/free-electronic-filing
Click on “2019 Certified free file software” to find the websites that are available to help with tax filing. If you have any questions, contact Crystal at 507-345-2426 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To qualify for tax preparation assistance, income eligibility is $36,000 or less for single filers and $56,000 or less for married filers.
Tax clinics will be on Wednesday nights and Saturday afternoons, starting date TBA
- Wednesday 5:30pm-9pm
- Saturday 12pm-4pm
During the tax clinics, only Current Year returns can be completed (2019). Assistance on prior year returns (only 2018 or 2017) can be done during the week.
Taxpayers should bring the following items (some items may not apply to all taxpayers):
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
- Homeowners: Bring your statement of Property Tax Payable
- Renters: Bring your 2019 Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) provided by your landlord