Homeless Prevention Program
If you need assistance with your rent or mortgage payment Click here for the COVID-19 housing assistance payment application or call 211 at 1-800-543-7709 or text “MNRENT” or “MNHOME” to 898-211
MVAC assists individuals and families with problem solving assistance to resolve their crisis. This can include assessment of strengths and needs; resource referrals; advocacy with landlords, host families and resource providers; budget coaching and follow-up services.
Funds are available to help a limited number of households and can be used for rent and other housing expenses.
When appropriate, household may be required to apply for Emergency Assistance through County Human Services prior to receiving assistance.
- Assist persons who are homeless or doubled up find and maintain permanent housing
- Stabilize persons at-risk of losing their housing in their current home or re-house without a day of homelessness
Blue Earth, Brown, Faribault, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Sibley, Waseca, and Watonwan counties.
Requirements for financial assistance
• Income eligible (under 150% of the Federal Poverty Guideline)
• Homeless, doubled up or at imminent risk of losing housing with a crisis document
• Minnesota resident and currently residing in, willing to reside in our have a connection to our 9-county area
• Unable to resolve crisis on own or with other agencies’ resources and use of funds will resolve current crisis
• Homeless or doubled up households must be received as referrals through Coordinated Entry
• At-risk and doubled up households are assessed to determine likelihood the household will become literally homeless without assistance
• Willingness to participate in case management services
MVAC IS NOT A SHELTER.
MVAC’S HOMELESS PREVENTION FUNDS CANNOT PAY FOR TEMPORARY HOUSING (HOTELS).