Apply for Head Start

Head Start is taking applications NOW for the next school year! Apply online or call one of the numbers below to schedule an appointment (see contact information).

Choose a link below to complete a Head Start application. Staff will contact you when your application is received to set up a time to meet with you to finish the application process including eligibility verification and verification of the child’s date of birth.

Online Application – English

Aplicación en línea – En Español

Make an appointment with Head Start staff to complete an application.


Blue Earth County (including North Mankato)

  • Administrative Office 507-345-6822
  • Mankato Head Start 507-345-3565
  • Mankato Fitzgerald Head Start 507-345-2421
  • Mapleton Head Start 507-524-4478

Brown County Office 507-504-4041

  • New Ulm Head Start 507-508-4083
  • Sleepy Eye Head Start 507-794-5660

Faribault County Office 507-526-5291

  • Blue Earth Head Start 507-526-5458
  • Wells Head Start 507-553-5099

Le Sueur County Office 507-357-4246

  • LeSueur Cty Head Start 612-910-4076

Martin County Office 507-238-1625

  • Fairmont Head Start 507-238-1409
  • Sherburn Head Start 507-764-6955

Nicollet County Office 507-934-5224

  • St. Peter Head Start 507-934-5225

Sibley County Office 507-237-2981

  • Gaylord Head Start 507-237-5438

Waseca County Office 507-835-8240

  • Waseca Head Start 507-835-1282

Watonwan County Office 507-375-5748

  • St. James Head Start 507-375-5748
  • Madelia Head Start 507-514-1246

What to bring to the application appointment:

Proof of child’s age

  • Birth Certificate
  • Immunization Record
  • Health Insurance Card

Income Documentation – to determine if your child is eligible to participate in the program, we will need to verify your income from the previous year, or the previous 12 months.

  • Income Tax Return or W-2’s
  • Pay Stubs
  • Child Support
  • Public Assistance
  • Unemployment
  • Document showing proof of Foster Care
  • Document showing that you are currently receiving MFIP cash or Supplemental Security Income
  • Any other source of Income

Proof of Head Start child’s disability (if applicable)